Home of unlimited entertainment

Monday, February 18, 2019

How to host a domain on blogger from web4africa

Recently I had to open this blogger blog and use my domain at Web4africa as custom domain, but there was one problem I just couldn't solve until I visited their knowledgebase,l. The problem of "Parking the domain". I'm no kid to web mastering, so I simply followed the required processes, viz: Update your DNS settings Create a CNAME record with name as www and the IP as ghs.google.com Create another CNAME record with name as your domain's blogger verification unique key and the IP as your domain's blogger verification unique server. (which you get to see when you click submit on step 6) Create four(4) A records with name as "www.your-domain.tld" and the ip's as 216.239.32.21, 216.239.34.21, 216.239.36.21 and 216.239.38.21 respectively Click on advanced settings under blog url in Blogger basic settings page Enter your custom domain with the preceding www and click submit. (Your verification blogger unique key and server would appear if you h toaven't already set it to your domain.) Tick redirect your-domain.tld to www.your-domain.tld Save But my domain wasn't yet pointing to Google servers cos when it does, as a web programmer I will know. I decided I'll wait for some hours, yet no luck. Then I decided to wait for 48hours which was the recommended period before your domain propagates fully, still no changes. I began checking various sources still no luck, until I was convinced it was from Web4africa and decided I check through their knowledge base. There I saw it that to use your domain on blogger your name servers has to be changed. The defaults were ns1.web4africa.net ns2.web4africa.net ns3.web4africa.ney ns4.web4africa.net The one for Blogger domains are: ns5.web4africa.net ns6.web4africa.net ns7.web4africa.net ns8.web4africa.net
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Call us : +2349069100379

Contact us: oladoyinbov@gmail.com
Copyright © Exactloaded LLC Template By PMC